Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Eliza's 1st Birthday

The actual day of Eliza's birthday she was seriously so miserably sick that we decided to postpone her cake. We made the mistake though of trying to still get her to open presents, but she was clearly not in the mood. My poor little baby had a really bad fever for 6 days straight. I finally took her into the doctor on the 6th day and found out that she had really bad ear infections in both ears. Poor little girl, she honestly just clung to me for days. She would just snuggle up to me and sleep on my chest. I have to admit, I loved how much cuddles I got from her that week. But it absolutely broke my heart seeing how sick she was. She was such a trooper though. Any way, the morning of her birthday we pushed thru the presents, Madilyn pretty much opened and played with all of them while she sat back and watched. But after a very rough and sick day we decided we would wait on celebrating. Plus Nicole and Bobby were on there way to come visit so Taylor was gone that evening anyway. So after getting some antibiotics and such by Sunday she was pretty much back to herself. So I got to celebrate my birthday with Eliza. It was so much fun watching Eliza destroy her cupcake, and she loved every minute of it. I had a really hard time deciding on which pictures to post...so sorry if there is a lot!

The morning of her birthday, pretty much the ONLY smile I saw on her face all day. She was such a trooper!
Trying to enjoy her new gifts.

Celebrating a little late, but she didn't mind!
I think she thought it was really funny that we gave that to her and didn't stop her from enjoying it however she desired. So cute!!
And then she just shoved it into her face...I honestly don't know how she could breathe...

Once again looking over for approval that what she was doing was ok. She was lovin life, and kept laughing.
VICTORY!
Madilyn really wanted to try it too, and we decided that would be just fine considering the wind blew her candles out on her birthday. She also enjoyed herself. And please don't judge my almost naked children...I hate getting food all over their clothes...plus we live in hawaii, it gets real hot!
Like I said, completely enjoying herself. We had so much fun watching her, and we were really happy Nicole and Bobby were able to be here for it. Its always so nice having family around!! And thanks for taking so many pics while you were here Nicole...that will be a post in the near future! Happy Birthday to my little 1 year old, like I said about Madilyn... I literally can't imagine life with out this little monkey..she makes things so much more fun and I just love her to pieces!!

3 comments:

  1. She is so adorable! That's so sad she was sick on her actual birthday, ...but snuggles ARE really nice. I love it! And I am all about naked kids! Didn't you see my Easter post? ;) Anywho, Happy Birthday Eliza! You are a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. what fun colourful cupcakes!!!

    ReplyDelete