Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Latest Happenings...and big changes!

Ok, so first off I will tell you how I have a goose ache on my forehead from getting the mail today...you ask, how does that happen. Well I decided to get the mail, but not bother putting on shoes or a jacket in the freezing cold and snow, I guess that shows how lazy I am. But I grabbed the mail, and turned around to run back inside and I hit my head on the door bell. I hit is so hard that it broke into pieces!! Haha, and then I was thinking about a half hour later how dumb and clumsy I was, and then I hit my other side of my forehead on Eliza's door!! Ok, so that is kinda of an indication on how our week has been.

So first off, about 3 weeks ago, Taylor got really sick and went to the doctors and found out he had mono. The same day he found out he had mono, I started getting really sick. Fortunately Taylor was mostly past the really sick part, and just the tired part. So after a week of having one of the worst sicknesses, and developed an ear infection, only to be turned away at the walk in clinic saying their was nothing wrong with my ears. That was a friday, so on monday after having suffered with ear aches all weekend I finally go back in Tuesday morning because my eye was sealed shut and pink. Well you guessed it, I did in fact have an ear infection, and pink eye. So by yesterday I was finally starting to hear out of my ears again without the constant pain and echo...and then Madilyn started throwing up, and once again...so did I. So the flu it was, I felt horrible for Madilyn, and I couldn't even help comfort her because I was too busy throwing up myself. But we all woke up today feeling much better, so I am praying that was the end of our long sickness. So needless to say, I have been pretty down today because I had to miss Harry Potter 7 last night because I was too sick to go. I had my ticket reserved for about a month, and was so disappointed I couldn't go....especially because I heard it was AMAZING!! But Taylor promised he would take me Monday night, I seriously can't wait!

But I have to take a minute to express my gratitude to Taylor, he is the most amazing person! He hasn't been able to study in weeks because he has had to take care of the kids because I have been too sick to do so. I just feel so grateful to him, and all his love and support. I don't know what I would do without him.

And on the last note, actually the biggest note...we are moving back to Hawaii, in January none the less. This was something that was extremely hard for me to accept, so after many tears and fighting my feelings, we decided it was what we had to do. Taylor felt very impressed that he needed to go back and get his 4 year degree (instead of 3 year) in International Cultural Studies before he gets into Med school, so the applications are being put on hold another year, and we are headed to Hawaii because that specific program isn't offered anywhere in Canada. So originally it was going to be April, but we just found out a couple of days ago that it is going to be January. So now we are praying we can find a home fast, because the availability is VERY slim. So we could use some prayers from our family and friends that we can find a place fast! I seriously am going to miss everyone so much, I feel like I just got settled again, and then off we go again. I had no idea that my life would be so "adventurous" but I will take it any day if it is with my husband and little girls. Life is so crazy, but amazing!

5 comments:

  1. wow, crazy! I am sorry you have had a rough couple of weeks! I hope you guys really have a blast in Hawaii though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! That has been a very adventurous couple weeks! Sounds like you got every sickness...all in the span of a few days! And Hawaii?!!! I will miss you, just like I missed seeing you at HP7! Good luck finding a place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! I am so sad that you guys have been sick with all these fun things! If it's not one thing it's another I guess! Yikes! And Hawaii is bitter sweet. This time we WILL visit. Or just me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's going to be a quick move! Good luck with everything,especially finding a place to live! We might be following close behind you! why do our husbands want to have a careers that requires SO much school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are excited to have you back! let us know if there is anything we can do to help...pick you up from the airport, watch the girls, just let me know! i'll keep my eyes open for housing!

    ReplyDelete