Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Madilyn's 3rd Birthday Party


Ok, so I have to first off start by saying a HUGE thanks to all our friends who came out and celebrated Madilyn's Birthday with us. It is such a comfort to know that we have such amazing friends around us, especially since our families are not able to be here with us. Fortunately for us, my mom and Jim were able to be out here this weekend because Jill had her baby today also.

But my goodness, our child is SPOILED!!!! I hate how spoiled she is, but then we continue to spoil...what is wrong with us. Anyway, we had SO much fun hanging out with friends, even if Madilyn was particularly enjoying every moment of her party. I think it was a little overwhelming to her to have so many people there. And she is not use to having kids over playing with her toys, so it was a very hard thing for her...which resulted in some temper tantrums and LOTS of tears. But all in all I really do think she had lots of fun. So here a just a few pics I took from this afternoon.
Here is the "group"

Our friends Michelle and Jeremiah made this AMAZING cake. Seriously it looked and tasted awesome! No joke! Look at how cute it was, I was so sad we had to cut it up!
The other side of the cake!!
The wind was blowing too hard to keep the candles lit, so we pretended they were lit so she could blow them out!
Just chowin down on some awesome cake!
The only picture I got of Eliza, she was so good. she just ate her hot dog, a piece of cake and then slept for 2 1/2 hours. She was a good girl!
Then all the kids hit the water again for some fun.
Haha this picture is hilarious to me, the little boy waitings name is Morrison, and he had no fear when it came to this thing. His dad would take him and throw him down it...anyway, I think Madilyn was giving up at this point and just stopped in the middle and turned around while Morrison waited patiently!
We kinda forgot to do presents until Lili reminded me, at this point mostly everyone had gone home. But everyone was SO kind.
So while Madilyn was opening presents she also had some bubbles...and for some reason she was way more into the bubbles than the new toys she was getting. But I assure you, about 20 mins after everyone left I think she realized that everything was hers and she went crazy trying to play with everything at once. She was in love with everything, seriously in love. I think she is sleeping in her bed with just about everything she could fit on it. but we really had an awesome time, and so did Madilyn! But for Madilyn's actual birthday we are taking her to the zoo which she is also super pumped about!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MADILYN!!

    I'm sad we missed the party.

    Life just isn't as flexible without a car of our own. :(

    Looks like everyone had a blast! That Cake looked awesome! Michelle and Jeremiah's cakes always taste delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! So sad we are missing this! It looked so fun (and warm!). We sure miss you guys! Thanks for all the updates! And that cake looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete