Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Potty Training Fun

Well I don't have a whole lot to update, but here is some exciting news.  The other day I was in the kitchen, but I could hear Eliza in the bathroom flushing the toilet and just rustling around in there.  Next thing I hear is, "mom I go potty."  And sure enough I heard the "tinkle." I went running in there only to confirm that she had actually gone on the potty for the very first time, without any prompting from me.  WEll, of course I praised her like no other, and she has been going on the potty for about 5 days now.  I still leave pull ups on her for naps and night.  She has 3 accidents.  But yesterday we were in the car going to this great park, and she said that she had to go potty.  We then pleaded with her to try and wait until we got to the park so she could go potty there.  ONce we got there she didn't want to go anymore, well she ended up "holding it" or forgetting it for like 2 1/2 hours, then when we got home she went potty in the toilet.

Its so weird because I will be honest, with both of my girls I didn't have to do any "training."  They both just kinda decided on their own.  I mean, I have been encouraging her for the last 6 months or so to go on the potty, but she would always sit for two seconds then say all done.  Same thing with Madilyn.  So In the world of being a mommy, this is some pretty cool stuff!!  I promise I will have a more exciting update in probably the next 3 weeks (no I am not pregnant).  So stayed tuned....


And I leave you with a few pictures of what we have been up to in this dry hot land we call home.

Superstition Springs Farm

Eliza, being Eliza.  She told me that they are "dancing"

Painting pigs

A lot of this going on...

Taylor had his second final, so after he was able to come home a little early for the very first time since he started school over 3 months ago.  So we went to this great park called Freestone park.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you were able to have way better luck than me! Pass some of that lucj my way please! PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete