Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Special Blankie

Madilyn has what we like to call her special blankie. It is a receiving blanket that my mother in law made when she was a newborn baby, along with lots of other blankets. But for some reason she has picked this one in particular out to be the special one. We have tried introducing new blankets, but it still remains the one and only special blanket. It is a pale yellow blanket, so it almost looks like it is suppose to be white, and its just dirty. My sister actually saw it, picked it up and said, "eww, what is this."

She takes her blanket EVERYWHERE we go, and every time she falls asleep, she automatically goes to the corner of the blanket and starts stroking the corner. Its hilarious, because without fail she will stroke the ends. so funny.

So whenever I need to wash her blanket she throws a fit, i stick it in the wash and it magically disappears out of the wash. Needless to say I have been fighting her for over a month trying to wash it. So I have been saying to her, "Madilyn, your blanket is looking gross."

Finally today, while she was distracted, I stuck her blanket in the middle of the wash pile so she wouldn't see and hurry and ran to the laundry room to wash it. So once the wash was done, I handed her the warm clean blanket, and she started to almost cry and said, "I don't want it washed, I just want it to be yucky." Haha it was hilarious, she was so heartbroken that I washed her blanket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment