Burnham Family 2012

Burnham Family 2012

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Learning

My children are seriously adorable sometimes, as all moms will probably say about their own child. But seriously, yesterday Eliza did something that just amazed me.

We were all sitting down in the living room, and I had a picture of Christ. (the one where he is standing at the door knocking) Anyway, it was sitting on the floor leaning against the wall since we haven't hung it yet. Eliza walked over to the picture, looked at it for a min, pointed right at Jesus's face and exclaimed "jeeze." She was so excited with a smile on her face. I honestly wanted to cry, because yes it is a name we talk about in our home. But we haven't really stood in front of a lot of pictures and told her Jesus everytime, or even at all that I can remember. Maybe we have, and we can't remember. Anyway, it was so amazing to me that I little 15 month old that can barely say anything, can recognize a familiar loving face, and even attempt to say his name. It really was a precious moment. I love being a mom more than anything!

As for my other wonderful child. It is so cool to teach Madilyn something about the gospel, something I don't really think she will understand, but I explain anyway. Only to hear her talking about it days, weeks, months later. She is really into asking the "why" question. She really loves hearing stories about Jesus walking on water, or Nephi getting the gold plates. Life truly is amazing, and I am so grateful for my children and my awesome husband who also teaches them so much. They are all such examples to me. Love life!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! My eyes are glistening! I love hearing stuff like that! My cute little nieces! I've been trying to teach Ellie who Jesus is so we will point at pictures around our home or at church and she will say "Dee-zus." I was getting to proud of her until just yesterday she pointed to some random painting and said Jesus. Apparent'y she thinks that ALL paintings are Jesus. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I have not been on my blog for over a year and I was so excited to see that you had found it. I have wondered how you and your family have been. It sounds like you are doing great, and your girls are darling. I'll try to get my blog updated and I'll check up on yours.

    ReplyDelete